Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I am excited!

My office place!
A great window view
from the nanoscale optics lab.
Today was my fourth RET day at BU. I cannot express in words how much I am excited to participate in the RET program. I will be working on one of the most interesting projects: Resonant Optical Virus Reader (ROVR) for Protein Detection. My partner, David B., is a very knowledgeable chemistry teacher (Yay! chem isn't one of my strong areas and I hope to use his help in conquering the chemistry aspects of our project). The BU faculty participants are very helpful and supportive. Today, my partner and I learned some secrets of surface chemistry involved in preparing gold-covered chips. Tomorrow, we will learn how to work with an FTIR spectrometer. What is FTIR? I will explain it to you later. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment